Now for the icing on this cake (1/2):
These two got themselves banned from the OC-Furmeet all the way back in 2019
after Skaard took offense to being told he was spamming the group chat by asking for a car-ride too often. That's what this all boils down to.
Check this shit out: https://archive.org/details/10-2-22-2018
It's a screenshot archive of the chats that got them into this mess in the first place. I didn't even have any idea this existed; I just searched for "skaard and renn" on DuckDuckGo and this was the first result. (Fig. 01)
Lucky us I guess? I wonder if it got pushed to the top of results because of the recent beach fight debacle.
Here's a summary:
• Be late October, 2017.
• Skaard (then Valyrym) joins OC-Furmeet group chat
• Asks for ride to upcoming furmeet.
• No responses, so he keeps asking.
• After some time, the admins gently ask him to stop.
• He doesn't get it, so the admins take a more stern tone.
• He gets angry at them for telling him off.
• "i thought the fandom was accepting"
• Literally the beginning of this whole thing first going sideways.
• Admins get fed up and tell him not to come to the meet.
• Other users pipe up with past complaints, he gets full kickbanned.
• Be February, 2018.
• Renn picks him up and brings him to a meet anyway.
• Skaard/Valyrym instantly gets told to GTFO.
• Renn gets asked to leave shortly after, but not banned.
• Renn afterwards: "I thought we could all be adults and figure things out in person"
• Complains group isn't living up to furry standards of love and tolerance.
• He gets a little spicy, but the admins talk him back down.
• Renn and Skaard presumably start dating around this time.